Wednesday, July 2, 2008

under the eye of God

Green trees on a mountain top
And the stones beneath the path
Stone running to the ground,
To the earth,
To the world
To the center of the eye of God

My pack is heavy pulling down
Pulling down my shoulders
Puling down my thoughts
To the mountain,
To the valley
To the bedrock
To the bottom of the world
To the center of the eye of God.

The smell of dirt after a rain
The smell of honesuckle
Pulls me out of my finiteness
Out of the world
Out of civilization
Out of my mind
To the center of the eye of God

The whispering of the wind
And the chittering of birds
Drives my weak perceptions,
Into branches
Into sky
Into the world stream
To the center of the eye of God.

The taste of sweat
Touching my tongue
The salty taste joins me
To the stream
To the river
To the mothering sea.
To the center of the eye of God

From the sea I am led
From the mountain I am drawn
From creation I am driven
To the real behind real
To the Eye of God
To the eye of God.
Watching, always watching over me.

No comments: